Sunday, November 16, 2014

Let Go of Your Plan....

Much of my life has been magical.  One door closed, another opened.  One relationship ended, the next week another began.  Whenever I needed resources, suddenly they appeared.  Tired of one job, as soon as I'd say it was time for something else, another was there.  Once I was chastised by an executive in the community for not letting him know I was looking because he would have liked to hire me: alas, I told him, I wasn't really looking.

Then somewhere along the line, something shifted.  I cannot pinpoint when the change occurred, but I do know it was somewhere around the time that the world got much more focused on goals, metrics, master minding, and being able to demonstrate a plan and progress toward execution.  I know it happened for me; I think it happened for a number of my clients.  What happened?

I watched a movie over the weekend in which there was a line, "Let go of your plan and let Fate carry you."  In that moment, a thought crystallized that I haven't considered for a long time.  It has to do with letting God be God.  In the old days when a relationship or job began to feel stale, I'd let God know it was time for something new.  (My intention)  But, I didn't try to figure out next steps or what I wanted.  I just let God send me something better, and inevitably, it was. 

I've been wanting a relationship for years.  I've put together the collages that the proponents on Oprah have espoused, and I've put them under my mattress so that I could send the Universe my message as I slept.  I've occasionally perused internet dating sites with unsatisfying results.  I've even attended events that I thought would attract my kind of guy.  Needless to say, I've been available at dances.

A more satisfying job has been on my wish list, too.  I've applied for a bunch for which I was well qualified without any response. I did that again this afternoon, spending several hours modifying my resume for the keywords in the posting so that the technology could find me. 

When I heard that line last night, "Let go of your plan and let Fate carry you," I knew it was time to let God be God again.  Let be whatever will be to my higher good and that of the Universe.  Wow!  I can exhale because I can let go of attempting a job for which I will never qualify: the job of being God.  I do believe what the actor in the movie implied by "...let Fate carry you," is to allow myself to flow with what God wants to happen. Allow miracles to happen.  So, I will...let go of my plan and let Fate carry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment