Saturday, March 4, 2017

Persistence Pays

October 1, 2013 -- The U. S. Government closed its doors, and after a badly needed good night's sleep, I got up with purpose. I should have been concerned...maybe even frightened...about how I would pay the bills until my next paycheck at some unknown date. I wasn't. Instead, I went for a long walk on a beautiful October day.  It felt great to move. It felt even better to break the shackles of my workplace and have time when nothing was scheduled. Bonus time if you will.

When I had blown the cobwebs out of my mind on the walk, I came back with the intention to accomplish two priority projects. And, I think, intuitively, I knew this recharge time was to kick me in the rear and propel me into what was to be next.

The first was to start posting regularly to this blog.  I'd set up the site a couple years earlier, and just 10 days before the shutdown, I'd made my first post. I had no mastery of the mechanics, though.  I posted a request for help on my building's bulletin board, and within a day, an angel in my building came over after her workout one evening and walked me through all the peculiarities of blogspot. By the time the government shut down, I was ready to roll. With the gift of time, I started writing. In the last three months of 2013, I made 100 posts.

The second of the projects was to get a more polished version of The Game Called Life onto Amazon and a Kindle edition published. Regular readers will know that this has been my serious work for the intervening three-plus years.  I am nothing if not slow...and persistent. I accomplished the former in late January.* When I returned from volunteer work at a DC theatre at 11 p.m. last night, a message from Amazon reported that the Kindle version is now available.+

The Game Called Life is a very personal treasure to me.  Both the writing of the book and its sponsorship smacked of divine intervention. I am happy to finally have broader distribution.  I believe that it defines how we spiritually dance through life with divine intent.   For many years, almost every reader was known to me or blog reader/commenter Amy Frost personally. When I gave up my home over a decade ago, I shipped most of my inventory to Amy, who became my main distribution channel. (Bless you, Amy!)

I truly don't know what this accomplishment will mean to the book or to me, but it feels like a huge albatross, which has been blocking me energetically, has been cast off.  My persistence has paid off.

This morning, I awakened much earlier than I have been recently, bounced from bed with purpose, and was compelled to start clearing the work boxes from my closet.  That project is not yet done, but I made a major dent in the project.  I made several trips to the recycle bin, but found myself not quite able to throw away some major creative projects that I had done either by myself or with a close colleague. I am allowing myself grace.  I am fairly confident that I will not ever use that small remaining pile, but I am granting myself a reprieve until I am ready.  (Maybe there will be a second sweep.)  I did make sure to leave a box in the middle of the closet so I will have to walk over it.  I will persist with the project.

When I emerged from the closet in the late afternoon, I rewarded myself with a manicure/pedicure, and while I was being pampered and relaxed, ideas about the coaching business just started flowing. I came home a worked for about an hour capturing them.  And, not unlike the closet project, I am giving myself grace with the coaching business as well. I am going to create simple materials on my own computer, and if/when I feel like I want to invest more, I can do that later. I am not going to spend money or energy on marketing, but I now that I have clarity of intention and being clear about intention is all I need right now.

Persistence has paid off in all of these areas, and clearing out the closet is creating energetic space for new things.  I am eager for the new.  While tomorrow is supposed to be a splendid day, and I don't work on my Sabbath any way, come Monday, I expect to be back in my closet.

For all of you who have supported me through these publishing projects, thank you.


If you have people who may be interested in knowing more, links to the book and Kindle edition are below.

Book:
* https://www.amazon.com/Game-Called-Life-Kay-Gilley/dp/0972198717/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1488684202&sr=1-2&keywords=Gilley+The+game+Called+Life
Kindle:
+ https://www.amazon.com/Game-Called-Life-Kay-Gilley-ebook/dp/B06XDJJ566/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1488684270&sr=1-1&keywords=Gilley+The+game+Called+Life

(Purchasers of the book, get the Kindle for free.)


No comments:

Post a Comment