Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Living Consciously

I was working with a group today, and since it had been over a year since they'd had a retreat during which they'd developed values and norms, we started with reflection on how they'd done at living them.

At one point a participant said, "We may not get it every time, but most of the time we stop and think."

Over the years, I've heard many people say something similar. I believe that stopping to think is the first step and most major hurdle cleared to living consciously. The moment we can break free from automatic thinking, or what I call putting our lives on autopilot, we are 3/4 of the way to making the right decision. If we know our intentions and are conscious, then most of the time we can act in accordance with them. It is only when we don't recognize that we are even making a decision that we have lost the battle.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: