Friday, January 27, 2017

Turning My Spiritual Journey Upside Down

My normal sequence is to write, meditate, and go to bed, so I get the privilege of meditating and  "sleeping on" whatever bubbled up in my writing.  So it was last night after having written that I'd like "at the very least to allow the spiritual lesson to be to learn to enjoy these wondrous moments."

I really unleashed something. When I was meditating, I "got" that there are spiritual lessons in the good stuff...and I really need to learn them.  A whole list of potential lessons spilled out:  learn to

  • Be conscious of all the choices I make during the day
  • Be fully present
  • Have fun
  • Be in joy: enjoy life more
  • Find peace in whatever is occurring
  • Laugh
  • Find humor 
  • Love
  • Receive love
  • Be grateful
  • Appreciate
....There were many more. I clearly have a lot of work to do. But, as I continued to meditate, I kept coming back to the first two.  I cannot be conscious of all the choices I make during the day if I am not fully present.  If I am fully present, I will be conscious of all the things I normally do on autopilot and start making those choices consciously. I expect that if I do those two things, the others will take care of themselves.  And, that concept has turned my spiritual journey upside down...in a good way.


No comments:

Post a Comment