Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Interdependence

In keeping with my discovery that interdependence would likely be an important spiritual lesson for me on this next leg of my journey, I had an amazing "ladybugs*" experience today.  As part of my health coach training, I am required to conduct a free workshop for three to five people in the next week.  I've been attempting to recruit participants for two weeks.  A friend agreed early on, but no one else had volunteered. I had put signs up on every bulletin board of which I was aware.

In desperation, I contacted people who teach two exercise classes in my building to see if I could come, make an announcement, and hand out flyers.  Both agreed.  Like ladybugs, participants just appeared...maybe more than I can comfortably accommodate in my little apartment.  Both teachers were enthusiastic about what I am doing.

As it ends up, most of the volunteers are my neighbors.  I have met all but one, but didn't even know last names for most or even where their apartments were.  They were interested in what I was doing, and they were happy to come and learn what I have to teach.  As easy as that, I had my volunteers.

With the exception of a few physical therapy exercises added after two different accidents, I've been doing the some strength-training workout for 35 years.  As I've gotten more into the exercise part of the health coaching, I've been thinking that I really should hire a personal trainer to reevaluate my needs and update my routine. I didn't really know how to find one. One of the teachers who helped me recruit is a personal trainer. Voila! I have a personal trainer.

Interdependence.  Not only is this easier than trying to do things by myself, but it is more fun too.



*"Ladybugs," 1/17/17

No comments:

Post a Comment