Sunday, November 17, 2013

Speaking Two Languages

This morning my pastor spoke of being able to speak two languages: the language of the world around us and the language of God.  He continued to say, when we speak the language of God, it is best to do so with our actions.

In the instant he said it, I thought, "This is what my blog is about."  The language of God...I prefer to call it the language of Love...is what we know in our hearts.  A great deal of consciousness, commitment, and courage are required to do what the language of Love would have us do, when the world about us is more often than not speaking a whole different language that would dictate other acts. 

Somehow putting the second language context on the daily struggle made it easier for me to understand some of my challenges.  If I am short or impatient with someone, I have responded out of that other language. When I fall out of the present, for instance, may be like having been surrounded by the language of the world so much and so intently that I've forgotten my native tongue--the language of Love.

Today...maybe this minute...it will be my intention to remember the language of my heart, my native tongue--the language of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment