Friday, December 13, 2013

Love is a Precious Thing

There are so many kinds of love, and so many thing to love.

-The love of an intimate partner
-The love of a friend
-The love of a performance
-The love of a work of art
-The love of nature
-The love of the beach at sunset
-The love of flying a kite so high that I can hard see it or hang on to it
-The love of doing something for which I have passion
-The love of decorating for Christmas
-The love of a favorite movie, play, or book
-The love of an amazing building
-The love of the warmth of the sun on my cheek

They are all precious...as precious as life itself.  I know there have been times when I have squandered love, and I remember moments of total awareness of each kind of love and totally feeling its preciousness with my whole being.  I think really feeling love must be about as close as we get to feeling God or heaven on earth.  Love is joyful--that deep satisfying joy that explodes into life.  Love is a precious thing...a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment