Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Perfect Life

Intention is a funny thing.  When we know the feeling of what we want and then let the Universe guide us to it, the result is almost always far more extraordinary than anything we could have imagined. 

Today I had 30 minutes between church and a lunch appointment.  Washington was bathed in the beauty of a cobalt sky and sunshine, so instead of jumping on the Metro, I decided to walk.  A shivering cold was quickly offset by the head of steam my walk generated. I walked by the many beautiful buildings, first the White House, the old Post Office Building, and many other stately buildings that framed the Capitol Building at the end of Pennsylvania Avenue.  At one point, I just stopped and looked and said out loud, "What a beautiful city I live in!" 

I could not have imagined just a few years ago that I would be living in Washington...or that I'd even want to.  What I did know is that I wanted to have the feeling of a neighborhood, that I wanted to live in nature, that I wanted to leave a smaller environmental footprint, including being able to get along without an automobile, and that I wanted to do work that used my gifts and talents...and that I loved.  Piece by piece, by following guidance, the picture that is my life has been coming together.

My apartment backs up on a national park, I can walk or Metro almost everywhere I need to go, and I haven't even missed the car that I gave up almost four years ago.  I am doing just the kind of work that I had dreamed about doing and using my passion and gift for writing on this blog.  Then suddenly one day, I'm walking down Pennsylvania Avenue, knowing that I am living my perfect life.

A piece or two may be missing, but I know I haven't felt them deeply enough. Feeling is how the Universe communicates.  When I feel the last pieces enough, my whole perfect life will be as I intended, unimpeded by any thoughts of what the final picture should look like.   Until then, I will love my perfect life, as it unfolds every day.

5 comments:

  1. :-) Glad to hear this. I know I am living my perfect life as well. Looking forward to sharing with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully uplifting piece. I could feel the joy leaping out of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slowing and surely catching up on my emails and wading back into work after the two weeks off for holidays..I am taking periodic breaks by reading your blog posts...Yes, you do have a beautiful life and thank you for helping me to STOP and remember that I do too amid my MASSIVE to do list today. Blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. And your massive to do list is something to be grateful for as well. :-)

    Blessings to you!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete