Monday, October 7, 2013

The Game Called Life Clears First Hurdle

Just a few minutes after 5 p.m. today I finished retyping The Game Called Life.  I am delighted to have spent a week up close and person with that book.  Every time I read it I learn something, or probably more appropriately I remember something that I knew and had slipped from consciousness.  I am also reenergized about my decision to  release it as an e-book. 

Not long before finishing my typing project this afternoon, a reader called.  She's had the book for several years and says it has a special place on her book shelf.  I took that as affirmation that this book has special value in the hearts and minds of those who have read it and will with electronic readers as well.  (I am not sure what the Kindle version of a special place on the book shelf is, but I am listening.)

There is a deep sense of relief at having gotten The Game Called Life this far on the journey to e-bookdom, and I know that tomorrow the proof-reading begins.  For now, I celebrate having made it over the first hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment