Friday, October 11, 2013

What is Surrendering the Past...Really?

During this morning's meditation, the thought of surrendering the past continued to be with me.  What does it really mean to surrender the past?  Then, it was there as clear as a "Duh!" moment.  Surrendering the past is total forgiveness.  We can only harbor anger and resentment or shame, guilt, and self-blame in the past because in the present only love exists. 

For many years, I ended my meditation with the words, "Help me to raise the level of love on the planet today."  My focus was always on the love rather than what separates us from love.  I now see that there is nothing more I could do that would raise the level of love in our world than surrender the past and with it allow total forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment